July 13, 2010

Fortune Or Innuendo Cookies?

At work, yesterday, some of my coworkers decided to have Chinese for lunch. After the food was delivered and passed out to the participating employees, there were quite a few fortune cookies left over. My manager started to tell us about a fun way to read fortune cookies that I was never aware of. I don't know if any of you know about this little trick, but if you do, this post should still be a bit entertaining.

My manager stated to us that if you add the words "In bed" to the end of every fortune, it completely changes the meaning of the proverb and works almost will all cookies. Basically, we are taking what is meant to be an up lifting tid bit of wisdom and turning it into dirty innuendo. But what else would you expect from us Americans. It's pretty much what we do.

Now, me never having heard this before made me really excited to open all the fortune cookies and see if it was true that it worked for almost all of them. Well, it does, and we had a blast reading them all and considering their alternate meanings. Here is what we came up with. Remember to add "In bed" to the end of each one.


Some things do need to be compensated for.



They could have been having an off night.



First one to RPattz wins!





This does not apply to all bedtime activities but some activities involving Fifty Shades.




Lucky you!


This little game made me want to go back and re-read the fortune that Edward had a few months back and see it's double meaning.



This statement is now both true and false.

Do you have any left over fortunes lying around that you now need to take another look at? Do you remember any that you may have received? Spill them in the comments because I am sooooo entertained by this.

8 comments:

Dangrdafne said...

I just happen to have the two from our dinner in Boston. We laughed for a really really long time about my hubby's:

Mine: "You will become more passionate and determined about your vision." in bed - woo hoo for me and maybe the hubby ;)

Hubby's: "You have the ability to touch the lives of many people." in bed???? OH MY!!!!

I can't believe you never heard of doing this. I thought I was always the last to know about these things :) Too much fun!

17foreverlisa said...

Ka-ching!!!!! You managed to get RPattz, Fifty Shades, and Edward in bed. LOL!

I had not heard of this before, nor has my son, who loves Chinese food. Just told him about it. We'll never look at fortune cookies the same way again ;)

Lisa

TongueTwied said...

Really this is the first time you've ever heard this? LOL And Lisa too?

I do a version of this when I watch Twilight. After Bella says a line to Edward I add in, "and I'd like to f*ck your brains out." It is quite entertaining. Hope you try it!

The Fifty reference cracked me up! It was kind of perfect, actually!

ooh did I sneak in a NM line? ;)

Musing Bella said...

I am shocked (SHOCKED, I tell you!) that you and Lisa haven't heard of this before. That's ridiculous. You've been so deprived!

@TT - I like that trick. n Eclipse, when she says, "I want to tie you to me," I always go, "Yeah, she does." But yours sounds more all-purpose. LOL

w/v: maties. Ahoy, there!

Living with Edward said...

Yes, this is the first I am hearing about it. I am very sheltered.

@DD: LOL at your hubs fortune. Oh my indeed.

@Lisa: Ka-ching! Those incentives just keep piling up! LOL

@ TT: I wonder if Steph Meyer was thinking that line all through writing the saga. No, probably not.

@MB: LOL at your veri word.

Mrs. P @ TwiBite said...

OMG...i can't wait to get Chinese again and do this. I don't have any lying around right now...dammit!

TongueTwied said...

I think that line is Rob-inspired rather than Edward inspired. I don't think Stephenie is immune to Rob's looks and charm.

and ps..it is okay to use transitional words when playing my game in order to get the line in.

Ex:
B "I can't dance, but I'd like to f*ck your brains out."

Anonymous said...

I have heard of two other versions of this: "In the bathroom," and "in the back of the van." It is true that you will never look at a fortune cookie the same way . . .

P.S. I like "in the bathroom" best! ;)